British Academy/Leverhulme Research Grants 2018 and How to Apply
British Academy/Leverhulme Research Grants 2018 and How to Apply – The grants are available to support primary research in the humanities and social sciences. Funds are available to facilitate initial project planning and development; to support the direct costs of research; to enable the advancement of research through workshops or conferences, or visits by or to partner scholars. Grants are tenable for between 1 and 24 months.
British Academy/Leverhulme Research Grants 2018 – Grants are not intended to support interchange between UK and overseas scholars where there is no planned programme of activity to meet a clearly specified research objective (dissemination of results of research conducted under the aegis of the project for which funding is sought is a permitted purpose, but applications purely to organise an international conference, whether held in the UK or overseas will not be considered); nor are grants intended solely to support attendance at open conferences organised by a third party or international organisation.
- Grant up to £10,000 in value and tenable for up to 24 months, are provided to cover the cost of the expenses arising from a defined research project.
- Open to postdoctoral scholars (or equivalent) who are ordinarily resident in the United Kingdom;
- Applications require the approval of the applicant’s employing institution, but are not limited to those of any particular status (e.g. Lecturer, Professor etc);
- The application may be made by independent scholars (who should choose ‘independent scholar’ as the relevant choice from the list of organisations in Flexi-Grant);
- Co-applicants may be from anywhere in the world, but the Principal Applicant must be ordinarily resident in the UK.