OAS-Western University Undergraduate Scholarship in Canada
OAS-Western University Undergraduate Scholarship in Canada – The OAS General Secretariat (GS/OAS) is proud to offer the scholarship opportunity to pursue undergraduate and graduate programme to study at Western University in Ontario, Canada.
OAS-Western University Undergraduate Scholarship in Canada – Founded in 1878, we deliver ‘The Western Experience’, an exemplary learning experience that engages the best and brightest people challenging them to meet ever-higher standards in the classroom and beyond. Western University delivers an academic experience second to none. Western challenges the best and brightest faculty, staff and students to commit to the highest global standards. Our research excellence expands knowledge and drives discovery with real-world application.
OAS-Western University Undergraduate Scholarship in Canada – At Western, admission consideration is based on academic qualifications along with evidence of English proficiency for those applicants whose first language is not English. You must, therefore, submit proof of English language proficiency before being considered for admission.
- Application Deadline: May 30, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate as well as a graduate programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded study programmes offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: Undergraduate Programs:
- The University shall provide a scholarship award in the amount of 10% tuition fee, applied directly to the scholarship recipient’s account in two separate installments, 5% in the first year of enrollment and 5% in the second year of enrollment.
- Scholarship recipients are eligible for consideration for the University Admission Scholarships as defined on the University’s Office of the Registrar website.
Non-professional Graduate Programs:
- The University shall cover the total tuition cost of Scholarship Recipients enrolled in non-professional/course-based master’s Programs or a research doctoral Program, and for research, doctoral programs shall also pay these Scholarship Recipients CAD $13,000.00 each year they are enrolled in the Program of study.*
- The scholarship recipients of Bahamian citizenship may also qualify to receive additional funding from the Government of the Commonwealth of The Bahamas through the OAS-GOB scholarship program.
- Nationality: Available to students of OAS member state.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Canada
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Applicants of Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica (Commonwealth of) Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana. Haití, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay Peru, Nevis Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Bahamas (Commonwealth of) The Bahamas (Commonwealth of), Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay and Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of) Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of) can apply for the scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: To be considered for this scholarship opportunity, an applicant must:
- Provide OAS with an admission letter from Western University.
- This scholarship opportunity is open to new applicants as well as current students from OAS member states who are not an OAS-Western scholarship recipient.
- Submit a complete scholarship application to OAS with all required supporting documents
- Be a citizen and/or permanent legal resident of any OAS member state, except Canada.
- Applicants from Argentina must fill out a required form through the following link.
Scholarship recipients of Bahamian citizenship who wish to also apply for the OAS-Government of the Commonwealth of The Bahamas Scholarship Program can only pursue Programs in the following areas:
- Undergraduate Arts & Humanities, Engineering, Information & Media Studies, Science, Social Science, Management and Organizational Studies, Health Sciences, Education.
- D. and Master’s; Non-professional degrees only: Anthropology, Visual Arts, Engineering, Library & Information Science, and Psychology.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must meet the Universities’ English Language Requirements.
How to Apply: To apply for an OAS –Western scholarship, applicants must fill out the OAS online scholarship application form and attach all required supporting documentation. The list of required documentation can be found through the link below.
All the required documents must be combined into one (1) single PDF file (no larger than 5MB). If the file is larger than 5MB, you will be unable to submit the online form. The application system does not allow for more than one document to be uploaded. Do not include any additional documents besides those indicated.